Jerusalem - Holy Land

Jerusalem - Holy Land

Saturday, May 31, 2014


I abandoned the faith and this is what happened...


At the age of 18 I, who was a member of the UCKG from an early age, decided I no longer wanted to be part of the Church. I wanted to live a different, more exciting life like my friends.

I thought my worldly friends’ lives were more interesting than mine because I was always in Church, and this really overwhelmed me. I began going out to nightclubs, drinking and smoking with my friends. I hardly had time to for schoolwork because I was going out on weekdays too. As a result, I failed that school year.

Often, I would come home late and drunk, always arguing with my mother, who was already a member of the Church.

Once I finished school, I didn’t even think about going to college and becoming a professional; instead, I occupied my free time by drinking all day long.

Though my mother was seeing me self-destruct, she did not give up and made the decision to continue praying for my complete transformation.

Her sacrifice was not in vain.

I finally understood that the void, which had taken over my life, could only be filled by the presence of God, and not with worldly friendships, drinking or parties.

I began staying home on the weekends and spending more time with my mother. I went back to Church and began participating more in the Youth Group. After 10 months, I became a completely changed person. I stopped drinking, changed my behavior, majored in drama and, most importantly, had an Encounter with God.

- See more at: http://www.bispomacedo.com.br/en/2014/05/31/i-abandoned-the-faith-and-this-is-what-happened/?

No comments:

Post a Comment