Jerusalem - Holy Land

Jerusalem - Holy Land

Sunday, October 4, 2015

This is My beloved Son


Day 15 of the Fast of Daniel


He who has ears, let him hear what the Spirit says:

It came to pass in those days that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan. And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove. Then a voice came heard from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”. Mark 1.9-11

As I meditated on this passage, I asked myself why did the Lord Jesus, being the Son of God, have to be baptized in water and have the Holy Spirit descend upon Him? I think it was to give us an example of what happens to those who sincerely repent of their sins and surrender at the feet of the Most High, ardently yearning to have a new, clean life from that moment on, where their essence is to obey God’s Word and walk in His path, sacrificing their flesh, their feelings, who they are (spiritual sacrifices, such as being promiscuous, committing adultery, illicit desires, etc.) what they have (material sacrifices, such as having their heart on their money, property, children, etc.) to receive the greatest Treasure a man can receive, the baptism with the Holy Spirit.

When the Lord Jesus sees such surrender, a thirst in the soul of the candidate for the baptism of His Spirit, the heavens open and the Holy Spirit descends upon him and fills his being. Those who are around him cannot hear the voice that comes from heaven, perhaps not even he can hear it, but the spiritual world, such as the heavenly angels and, most importantly, all of hell, can hear it loud and clear.

“You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.“
In other words, “attention angels, archangels, cherubim and seraphim serve him as needed, keep him from all evil, another beloved son was born, and pay attention hell because from now on THIS IS MY SON and no one will dare touch him. From now on he bears my Seal, my DNA”.  Praise God.

I think this is the purpose of the Holy Spirit for this Fast of Daniel.
So, are you willing to give up everything you have and everything you are to become an untouchable child of God, carrying within yourself His DNA?
THINK ABOUT THIS.
Collaborated by: Bp. Sergio Correa

COMMENTS

Gabrieli Beretta
Good afternoon, Bishop!
My name is Gabrieli and I am from Criciuma. I wanted to leave a comment about the Holy Spirit.

I’ve always been a person that had doubts about everything. I always allowed doubts to invade my mind, because I thought it was just the way I was, but now I know it was the devil that put those negative thoughts in my head.
For about 3 years, I was in Church seeking the Spirit of God, but never received Him. That’s when I stood up against the devil, I participated in the Israel Challenge and what hurt me the most to sacrifice wasn’t the money, but all my doubts. There were days when all I wanted to do was sit on my bed and cry because the devil would bombard me. He sent thoughts 24 hours a day trying to convince me that I would never receive God’s great Treasure. He would tell me that a drug dealer or prostitute could come to Church and could receive the Holy Spirit, but I wouldn’t…
I’d go outside sell sweets to build my sacrifice and the devil would be there, putting doubts into my head. However, my biggest dream was none other than being baptized with the Holy Spirit.
One day before giving in my vow, I closed my bedroom door and separated the money I’d be putting into the envelop in ascending order. I sprayed it with my most expensive perfume, because my God deserves the best. That Sunday, I sat in the first row and when the pastor called everyone to come forward, I couldn’t help but think about all the times I had told the devil, “All the doubts are tied up, because I know I’m going to be baptized”. I repeated this until I was sure he had run away from me. Like it is written in the bible: resist the devil and he will flee from you. I couldn’t hold back the tears as I remembered everything I went through to get to that moment. But today there is only joy. A short time later, on a Wednesday, I was determined to receive the Living God, either He was going to descend upon me or I would go get Him in heaven. And it was during this meeting that an ABSOLUTE CONVICTION burned in me and never left again. Oh, what day Bishop! Then, whenever I’d think about that moment, I’d be overcome with such joy that I’d laugh, even while hanging the clothes to dry, lol. Bishop, I just wanted to share a little bit of my story, because a lot of people might find themselves in the same situation during this Fast. I didn’t receive the Holy Spirit until I stopped doubting.

God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment