Jerusalem - Holy Land

Jerusalem - Holy Land

Friday, June 5, 2015

Did you know that God suffers?

As I heard these words, I almost began crying. How could I not?
The truth is that I did not know or imagine this was true, but at that moment I felt so selfish. Just thinking about my parents crying because of me, makes me feel sad. Now imagine God, our Father.

Imagine God grieving for those who listen to the Word, know the Truth, but have not been born of Him yet. There are people who have been in Church for many years, but have not been baptized with the Holy Spirit. What else do they need to surrender everything? Weren’t the impossible blessings enough for them to completely surrender their lives?

This also makes me think of the souls that are not in Church. God also suffers for them. What proof do we have that God suffers?

My son, be wise, and make My heart glad, that I may answer him who reproaches Me. Proverbs 27.11

We have to make the heart of God glad, because, like any father, He is suffering for those children who are not with Him. God is aware of EVERYTHING! He hears the cries of the souls in hell. I can’t even imagine the suffering God sees.

The truth is that, if we think in terms of numbers, the devil is winning the battle. And this is extremely sad!

It is written that many are called, but few are chosen. Matthew 22.14. Those who are not called are the majority! Now, think about the souls who don’t even know Jesus. There are people in hell right now because they did not know of Jesus.

Our duty, as children of God, isn’t only to go to Church and give offerings. Of course this is part of it, but it’s not the most important to God. The most important is to preach the good news to everyone. This is what makes the heart of God glad!

It does not matter whether they want to listen or not, we must give everyone a chance. We do not know who the chosen ones are, only God. However, we know what happens when a person does not accept Jesus, so how can we want this for anyone? Yet, this is what happens when we don’t do our part.

The Holy Spirit is in us so that we may have joy, peace and love for souls; besides, we have the Word of God as a weapon against the works of evil.

For this reason, we must honor the Spirit that dwells within us!
Bishop Macedo

No comments:

Post a Comment